Sorry that I haven't gotten my notes for 8.1, 8.2 and 9.0 placed on these
pages. Unfortunately, I'm not even sure that I have any. The items were all sort of repetitious anyway.
However, I'm sure that I have something somewhere and I will place them here when I can. I just decided
to do all this while installing version 9.1.
Wellll, I found some notes ... if anyone is interested.
- DVD unreadable in DVD+RW drive (HP dvd-writer dvd100i)
- Sees my Intelli/wheel mouse but does not activate the wheel. Must change
it in xf86config myself. I have bolded the line of importance.
Option "Buttons" "5"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "Name" "KYE HP USB WHEEL MOUSE"
Option "Protocol" "explorerps/2"
Option "Vendor" "Sysp"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
- Partitioning: What can I say. They never have it the way I want it. I'm
just different. In this version they DO NOT set the noauto, user for you.
You must do that yourself.
- For the software they have a default choice. There is a "Detailed selection..."
button that can be used to make your own choices. I have learned the hard way that unless you
really, really understand all their choices, leave them alone. Only Add the extra ones that
you want.... till later... then you can come back a nd remove stuff.
- This is yet another re-write of YAST2. It is definately different and I think the best one so
far for understandability.
- Set root and user passwords after re-boot.
- Set Graphical Environment - allowed enable of 3D. Default res came up 1280x1024.
Changed to 1280x960. Has in the configuration a check box to enable the mouse wheel.
Have a selection for Omnikey 101. I checked it even though I have an Ultra.
The 3D didn't work!
- Network: I set hostname & Domain Name. Set Default gateway.
- Saves settings and does SuSEconfig.
- Bunches of I/O errors for hdd & hdc. These are my DVD drives.
- Due to problems prviously experienced, I am going directly to root.
- It detected my scanner; however, there doesn't appear to be a driver for it
I seem to always have the equipment without drivers...arrggghh!!!
- Thru a previous installation attemp I found that there are problems with detection
of my 2nd DVD and my Zip drive. Ver 7.3 was the last version that found and
properly set up all my drives. They are going backwards!! Thru searches on the SuSE
website I found that info in initrd is missing. This is added via YAST and then
- As for the Zip, need to add /dev/sda4 to fstab and modprobe imm to boot.local.
- Well this is interesting... I can't load new software from the CD!!
- Samba isn't working either
Sorry that this is all for now...
Copyright © 2004-2004
All rights reserved.